Citizenship By Investment
Investment & GOV
Malta is a beautiful island nation and a member state of the European Union, which is why a Malta passport is ranked amongst the highest in the world. The increasing number of Malta’s Individual Investor Program (MIIP) and Malta citizenship by investment applicants is due to the fact that it is one of the safest countries, offering a unique combination of premium seaside living, ever-growing urban destinations, and a rich cultural heritage. Being an island located strategically between Europe and Africa, Malta has become a freight trans-shipment area, boasting a healthy and growing economy. Investors may opt to purchase property in the Capital of Valetta or any other cities in Malta.
Through a three-part investment contributing to the Government of Malta, purchasing (or renting) a property, and investing in Government Bonds, investors and their families can obtain Malta Citizenship-By-Investment in as little as 6 months.
Benefits of Malta Citizenship
- Advantageous tax system for individuals planning on residing in Malta.
- Special tax concessions to non-domiciled owners.
- A great business hub with a central location and tax treaties with over 50 countries.
- Commercial and business relationships are often carried out in English.
- Access to free EU education and healthcare.
- Malta Passport allows visa free travel to over 160 countries; including U.K., Schengen area and Canada.
- No need to renounce current citizenship when obtaining Malta Citizenship.
- Malta is a stable and safe country.
- Malta citizenship is lifetime citizenship that can be passed on to future generations.
- Malta citizenship by investment program is open to all nationalities except for: Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, the Islamic Republic of Iran, and the Democratic People’s Republic of North Korea. Any persons with bank accounts, business and links to these countries are not eligible for Malta citizenship.
- An investor should make the appropriate investment in real estate (whether purchase or rent), government bonds or donation.
- Children aged 26 and under are allowed to apply with the main applicant.
- Dependent parents aged 55 and older are allowed to apply with the main applicant.
- All applicants must pass a strict due diligence, with only highly respectable clients admitted to the program.
Timeline and Procedure
The Malta Citizenship can be obtained in 6 to 8 months.
Alt air does a preliminary check. A scanned passport copy is sent to the legal team in Malta for pre-approval. File preparation begins and the required documents are collected. Advisory fees and application fees are paid. A visit to Malta will be required, where the applicant will sign documents in front of the Maltese Consul. A Malta residency Card will be issued.
Alt air will prepare the full Malta citizenship application.
Bluemina’s Real Estate agents in Malta can assist with
purchase/rental of property and prepare all supporting
documents for the citizenship application.
Due diligence process will begin, leading to a decision to grant Malta citizenship.
Applicant will obtain approval in principal letter issued by the Maltese government
The applicant will transfer the balance of chosen contribution.
A Property Purchase contract (purchase or leasing) must be shown.